Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sam - Reflection on my experience

The flats teem with living organisms that interact with one another and collectively serve our ecosystem. In a somewhat different way, scientists such as the ones at Hatfield are pooling their expertise from an extensive range of fields to examine the what and the how of things aquatic. I enjoyed living, working and playing with members of such a vibrant, dynamic community.










It was great to get a behind the scenes tour of the Oregon Coast Aquarium. After the tour, I had the chance to watch the sea otters (Enhydra lutris) during feeding time.












Though I still tend to feel a bit anxious when I'm up to my shins in mud, I believe the worry will lessen over time with practice. I'm glad I've had this opportunity to work on the Oregon Coast, meet lots of interesting people, and hone skills I hope to use in the future. While at Oregon State, I want to learn more about estuarine habitats.


No comments:

Post a Comment