Saturday, August 14, 2010

Laury - My final post

This summer has been an incredible experience and one I will remember later on in life. I am still in awe with how much I have accomplished in the last 8 weeks! The first few weeks seemed long as I was becoming adjusted to lab and field work, but the last 6 weeks have flown by. I started out primarily doing field work so we could collect the samples I would later process in lab. The last two weeks I spent all of my time in lab calculating out the energetic content of the individual species so it would be ready to present at our presentation at the end. I would highly recommend this internship to anyone who is interested in marine sciences. Not only will you be surrounded by people who are just as passionate about marine science as you are, but they will guide you and help you grow as a future scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment