Monday, August 19, 2013

Anna Russell- Reflections

My time at SPMC has helped to direct my future career and given me passion for doing science. Although I am not going into marine science, I have learned a lot of skills that will help me in any science career. I would highly recommend this program for anyone who is interested in going into science. It has exposed me to many different scientific techniques and equipment that I would not have otherwise been able to use. I also learned a lot about the process of science: designing a question and project, coming up with a hypothesis, data analysis, and interpreting that data. It was a fantastic way to spend the summer and I feel more prepared for a career in science.
Here are some pictures from throughout my summer:

Eelgrass growing in the tanks.

Isopods happily eating eelgrass.

Deception Pass Bridge

The CTD

Laby cultures

My 'sterile' workspace

All the petri dishes drying after the experiment


No comments:

Post a Comment