Monday, August 22, 2011

Reflection

This experience is one that I would strongly encourage other community college students to participate in. Throughout the summer I have been given the opportunity to work in a diverse environment that has allowed me to learn about a wide variety of topics within the umbrella of marine science. Even if you are unsure if research is something you would be interested in pursuing, this internship is an excellent way to test the waters and learn more about what other opportunities may be out there and may be more suited to your particular interests. This will become just one step of many that will lead to my ultimate education and career goals and it is an excellent starting point to have. I have gained many helpful skills, made contacts with both the advisors in the lab and the other interns from all across the country, and been introduced to the other opportunities that I can pursue after this. Throughout the course of this summer I have faced challenges and obstacles, experienced great successes, learned a lot, and have enjoyed myself while doing it, as well anyone else who also participates in this program.

Thank you everyone at COSEE for this wonderful opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment